under construction! Don't be alarmed, new layout coming soon...yeah right

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I'm Not There Trailer hits Teh Interwebz



IGN is the first site to release the trailer for the Todd Haynes flick based on Bob Dylan's life called I'm Not There. The cool thing about this "biopic" is that six different actors (Marcus Carl Franklin, Ben Whishaw, Heath Ledger, Christian Bale, Richard Gere, and Cate Blanchett) will be playing Bob Dylan at different stages of his life. When I first heard the premise I was immediately excited because the recent slew of biopics all followed the same formula: Musician experiences traumatic moment as a child, meets a girl, becomes famous, gets the girl, does drugs, potentially loses girl, and then gets over drug due to the love of the girl. I'm Not There seems like a much more compelling approach. However, I haven't seen a Todd Haynes film yet so I do not know what to expect. All I know is that this trailer makes me giddy as a hardcore Dylan fan. Enjoy!



I'm Not There Downloadable at IGN

IMDB page

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Pics of all the actors dressed as Dylan have shown up lately. Kind of scary, kind of cool. Have you heard the new Bob Dylan remix? I'm SO serious. Mark Ronson did it, and I'm too scared to listen. But another blogger posted it yesterday. I'll find the link for you later.